ANNUAL CONVENTION ANNOUNCED
WVPA's 2015 Annual Convention is scheduled for October 17 & 18 at Stonewall Resort in Roanoke, WV located three miles off Exit 91 of Interstate 79. The exit is 91 miles North of Charleston and 65 miles South of Morgantown.
Close to nature...far from ordinary describers this 1,900 acres of picturesque, countryside resort that combines the rustic charm and accommodations of Adirondack style of lodges of the 1920s with all the amenities and recreational choices of today. The resort is meticulously designed to blend in with the breathtaking natural surroundings.
Each guestroom, suite and cottage has a view of Stonewall Jackson Lake or the Arnold Palmer Signature Golf Course and adjacent woodlands, resulting in a memorable experience for pharmacists and their guests and exhibitors attending the meeting. A great chance for the family to get-away for the weekend!
Dining at Stonewall...
STILLWATERS overlooks the Adler patio and Stonewall Jackson Lake where you'll experience excellent service and authentic cuisine.
TJ MUSKIES LOUNGE is a favorite gathering place for those who appreciate great food, fine drink and a good time with colleagues and companions.
LIGHTBURN'S is located in the clubhouse atop the Arnold Palmer Signature Gold Course. Enjoy an amazing view of the Resort and countryside while experiencing the delights of local, fresh ingredients, and traditional recipes
GREEN MOUNTAIN COFFEE SHOP offers freshly-brewed Green Mountain Coffee in the lobby along with scones, granola and breakfast sandwiches.
Shopping at Stonewall and nearby...
RESORT GIFT SHOP has a variety of jewelry, keepsakes, resort apparel and home decor items, and Stonewall's featured line of Vera Bradley products.
MTN. LAUREL SPA SHOP Experienced spa professionals treat you to a naturally relaxing spa and salon experience with the best of organic products and services.
GOLF PRO SHOP offers the latest golf equipment, apparel and club rentals.
LAMBERT'S VINTAGE WINES - APPALACHIAN GLASS PRODUCTS & McFLY OUTDOOR SPORTING GOODS - just 20 minutes from Stonewall.
THE PALMER COURSE - 18-hole Signature Arnold Palmer design
MOUNTAIN LAUREL SPA - ultimate relaxation and revitalization
MARINA - boat launch and pontoon rentals
RECREATION CENTER - fitness area, family fun room, steam room, sauna, indoor/outdoor pool and hot tubs
LAWN GAMES - complimentary cornhole boards, frisbees, fishing poles, footballs and kickballs
RESORT RASCALS - for ages 5 to 12, this structured educational program offers a variety of indoor and outdoor activities with personal attention
FIRE PIT & S'MORES - enjoy outdoor fire pit during the evening
MILES OF TRAILS - over 16 miles of trails to explore
WILDLIFE CONSERVATION EXHIBIT - self-guided tour designed to educate about the diverse wildlife populations
CRUISES ON LITTLE SORREL - cruise the lake with family and friends
RENTAL EQUIPMENT - bikes, kayaks, canoes and paddle boats
Save the date and plan to attend...
Pharmacists can benefit from an outstanding education program while the family enjoys the amenities and facilities of Stonewall. The Convention is a great opportunity for a mini-vacation for the family. Call 888-278-8150 to reserve a room, suite or cabin on the lake.
Legislature revises qualifications for licensure
Introduced by Delegates Joe Ellington (R-Mercer), Eric Householder (R-Berkeley), Lynne Arvon (R-Raleigh), Gary Howell (R-Mineral) and Chris Stansbury (R-Kanawha) the Legislature passed House Billl 2432 revising qualifications pharmacists must meet to be licensed in WV. Below is the new law with the revisions underlined.
30-5-9. Qualifications for licensure as pharmacist:
(a) To be eligible for a license to practice pharmacist care under the provisions of this article, the applicant shall:
(1) Submit a written application to the board;
(2) Be eighteen years of age or older;
(3) Pay all applicable fees;
(4) Graduate from an accredited school of pharmacy;
(5) Complete at least fifteen hundred hours of internship in a pharmacy under the instruction and supervision of a pharmacist;
(6) Pass an examination approved by the board;
(7) Not be an alcohol or drug abuser, as these terms are defined in section eleven, article one-a, chapter twenty-seven of this code: Provided, Than an applicant in an active recovery process, which may, in the discretion of the board, be evidenced by participation in a twelve-step program of other similar group or process, may be considered;
(8) Present to the board satisfactory evidence that he or she is a person of good moral character, has not been convicted of a felony involving the sale or distribution of controlled substances;
(9) Not been convicted in any jurisdiction of any other felony or crime which bears a rational nexus to the individual's ability to practice pharmacist care, Provided, That an applicant with a felony conviction other than the felony conviction specified in subdivision eight of this section may apply to the board for licensure no sooner than five years after the date of the conviction. The board shall evaluate each applicant on a case by case basis; and
(10) Has fulfilled any other requirement specified by the board in rule.
(b) An applicant from another jurisdiction shall comply with all the requirements of this article.
More news here.